Monday 21 February 2011

Interview with Mrs Wilson

Mrs Wilson

Interview by Alysa Simi and Kieran Phegan.

Mrs Wilson came to our School to observe how New Zealand schools work.
She will be with us for the next two weeks observing what we do and asking us questions.

Q: What part of South Africa are you from?
A: A little town called George in the Western Cape.

Q: What do you like about New Zealand?
A: The people are lovely and the cultures are very interesting.

Q: How long have you been teaching for?
A: Three months and before that I was a graphic designer, personal assistant/administrator.

Q: What made you come to our school?
A: I know Mrs Whalen and it’s a really well renowned school.

Q: Have you noticed any differences about New Zealand schools and South African schools?
A: Yes, you have computers in the classroom for one, which is very nice.

Q: Why did you decide to come to New Zealand?
A: I married a New Zealand man.

Q: How long have you been in New Zealand for?
A: Two and a half years.

Q: When you were younger what job did you want to do?
A: I wanted to be photographer/nature photography.

Q: The reason why you changed your mind?
A:  I enjoy teaching and when one gets older your objective and goals in life change I still do photography and all sorts of other things. My passion is still in art, which I have now combined with teaching.


1 comment:

  1. nats said...

    mrs wilson taught us about art she is a really good artist i learnt a lot from her

    ReplyDelete